The objectives of EPIF are to:
Communicate and educate on the role of the payment institution sector in the economy, especially:
- Present an alternative and complementary perspective to banks in the payments space.
- Set out the benefits of a single EU payments (institutions) market – removal of excessive regulatory obstacles.
- Be seen as an infrastructure provider for efficient payments in a European Single Market.
- Promote an increased level of innovation and competition in the payment sector.
- Increase quality of payment services (e.g. security, reliability etc.).
- Increase payment product diversification tailored to the needs of society (e.g. mobile, internet).
- Act as a powerful network for Members to exchange views, form common positions and exchange best practice.
- Share daily information on regulatory and EU policy developments impacting the sector.
- Participate in EU industry wide fora on payment standard setting and regulation and actively represent EPIF members in these discussions.
- Ensure PIs have fair and proportionate access in the EU.
- From time to time, comment jointly on pending EU legislation and policy.
- Engage in any other activity furthering the above objectives.